On this page
License Key Required
A license key is required to use HostBridge. If you are already customer your existing license will work with this version as well. If you are not a customer you can request a license key here.
HostBridge Installation Files
So what do I do with the above files? See the Installation Instructions.
The Java Run-Time Environment (JRE) must be installed on the workstation prior to executing Eclipse.
Ready to Run, Eclipse + HostBridge
Eclipse Program Files
64 bitThe 64 bit version of eclipse requires the 64 bit version of the Java JRE, which most people do not have installed.
- Unzip the package, maintaining the directory structure (usually the default).
- Copy the "eclipse" directory to the location where you wish the eclipse program executables to reside. We recommend "Program Files" if you have the proper permissions, but any location will do. For best performance don't use a network drive. This directory should not be concurrently shared with another user running this copy of eclipse.
- From within the eclipse directory, right mouse click the eclipse.exe and create a shortcut, drag the shortcut on to your desktop. Windows 7/8/10 users can "Pin to Taskbar" or "Pin to Start Menu" the eclipse.exe instead of creating a shortcut.
The workspace directory will contain all of your source code. The workspace supplied with this package has been preconfigured so that you are "ready to run". A host connection has also been defined back to the HostBridge CICS training/demo region. If you do not wish to use the preconfigured workspace you can skip these steps.
- Copy the "Workspace" directory to the location where you wish your source code to reside. Generally the "My Documents" directory or a network location are acceptable. The Workspace directory can be renamed as desired.
- Start Eclipse via the shortcut or the pinned location.
- A dialog box will open shortly requesting a location to the workspace directory. Enter the full path to the workspace directory or use the "Browse" button to navigate and select the workspace directory.
If everything is as expected you should see an eclipse window that looks something like this:
HostBridge Eclipse Plug-in Manual Install
Use the steps below if you want to install the HostBridge plug-in into an existing installation of Eclipse.
Copy the URL: http://download.hostbridge.com/plugin/update37
Navigate to Help ==> Install New Software...
Paste the above link into the "Work with" field, hit enter
Select the appropriate HostBridge components, follow the on screen prompts
Edit window context menu does not display the Execute, Make, Put commands. This functions can still be performed via the buttons on the icon bar or via the context menu of the project window.
hbx file extension does not default to the HostBridge JS editor. The default can be manually set via Window --> Preferences --> General --> Editors --> File Associations.