On this page
License Key Required
A license key is required to use HostBridge. If you are already customer your existing license will work with this version as well. If you are not a customer you can request a license key here.
HostBridge Installation Files
- Installation File (binary): https://download.hostbridge.com/release/HBV681.XMT
- Batch Job (EBCDIC, FB=80): https://download.hostbridge.com/release/HBV681.UNPACK
- Batch Job (text): https://download.hostbridge.com/release/HBV681.UNPACK.TXT
So what do I do with the above files? See the Installation Instructions.
The Java Run-Time Environment (JRE) must be installed on the workstation prior to executing Eclipse.
Ready to Run, Eclipse + HostBridge
Eclipse Program Files
Click the link to download the version appropriate to you
The Eclipse foundation no longer builds 32-bit versions of eclipse as of version 2018-09The 64 bit version of eclipse requires the 64 bit version of the Java JRE. To determine your version of Java issue the following command at the windows command prompt: java --version
- Unzip the package, maintaining the directory structure (usually the default).
- Copy the "eclipse" directory to the location where you wish the eclipse program executables to reside. We recommend "Program Files" if you have the proper permissions, but any location will do. For best performance don't use a network drive. This directory should not be concurrently shared with another user running this copy of eclipse.
- From within the eclipse directory, right mouse click the eclipse.exe and create a shortcut, drag the shortcut on to your desktop. Windows 7/8/10 users can "Pin to Taskbar" or "Pin to Start Menu" the eclipse.exe instead of creating a shortcut.
The workspace directory will contain all of your source code. The workspace supplied with this package has been preconfigured so that you are "ready to run". A host connection has also been defined back to the HostBridge CICS training/demo region. If you do not wish to use the preconfigured workspace you can skip these steps.
- Copy the "Workspace" directory to the location where you wish your source code to reside. Generally the "My Documents" directory or a network location are acceptable. The Workspace directory can be renamed as desired.
- Start Eclipse via the shortcut or the pinned location.
- A dialog box will open shortly requesting a location to the workspace directory. Enter the full path to the workspace directory or use the "Browse" button to navigate and select the workspace directory.
HostBridge Eclipse Plug-in Manual Install
Use the steps below if you want to install the HostBridge plug-in into an existing installation of Eclipse.
Copy the URL: https://download.hostbridge.com/plugin/v681.
Navigate to Help ==> Install New Software...
Paste the above link into the "Work with" field, hit enter
Select the appropriate HostBridge components, follow the on screen promptsSome customers have http proxy servers at the edge of their network and unless you have properly configured eclipse you may encounter problems installing the plugin. Some have had success by simply by using http instead of https for the plugin address. If this fails you will need to contact your networking group and get the appropriate details necessary to configure the eclipse proxy settings. To update the eclipse proxy settings go to Window –> Preferences –> General –> Network Connections
Edit window context menu does not display the Execute, Make, Put commands. This functions can still be performed via the buttons on the icon bar or via the context menu of the project window.
hbx file extension does not default to the HostBridge JS editor. The default can be manually set via Window --> Preferences --> General --> Editors --> File Associations.