The following article will instruct you how to install the Transaction Analytics Connector (HTAC) for use with the Splunk server and collector.
If you are planning to use HTAC with CTG, you will need either CICS TS 5.2 or later, or CICS TS 5.1 with APAR PM78624 applied.
Load the HTAC software to your machine
To download the installation files and transfer them to the host:
- Download the HTAC installation package by saving the following attachment to your PC:
- Unzip the installation package to a directory on your desktop.
- Transfer the unzipped files to the host using FTP as follows:
File Name On Desktop
File Name on Host (or create your own names)
Record Format (RECFM)
Record Length (LRECL)
Block Size (BLKSIZE)
Space Needed (in tracks)
Unpack the installation files
To unpack the installation files,
- From the TSO option 6 panel, issue the following command: TSO RECEIVE INDSNAME('HTAC.XMITJCL') and press the Enter key.
- When prompted for restore options, enter DSNAME('HTAC.V100.JCL') and press the Enter key - the PDS will be created.
- From the TSO option 6 panel, issue the following command: TSO RECEIVE INDSNAME('HTAC.XMITLOAD') and press the Enter key.
- When prompted for restore options, enter DSNAME('HTAC.V100.LIBRARY') and press the Enter key - the library will be created.
- From the TSO option 6 panel, issue the following command: TSO RECEIVE INDSNAME('HTAC.XMITPARM') and press the Enter key.
- When prompted for restore options, enter DSNAME('HTAC.V100.PARMLIB') and press the Enter key - the PDS will be created.
The names of the input and output files can be changed to conform to your naming standards.
You will need approximately 110 tracks of space for the two PDS's and one library created above. You do not have to preallocate the space: the RECEIVE command will do it for you.
Perform RDO Updates For Your Target CICS
- Edit the job HTAC.V100.JCL(RDOHTAC), changing the JOB card and RDO definitions to conform to your installation standards (see the comments in the DFHCSDUP control cards).
- Submit the job; a return code of zero indicates a successful execution. If you receive a return code of other than zero, contact our support center.
Install Your HTAC License Key
- Obtain a license key from HostBridge; it will be supplied to you via email.
- Create a member in HTAC.V100.PARMLIB named HBR@LICN and insert the license key into it (there should be only one line in the member which contains the license key, starting in column 1).
- Save the member.
Create the PLT Initialization Module
- Include a reference to module HBOPINIT in your PLT initialization (second phase).
- (Re)assemble the PLT initialization module and linkedit it into a library that your CICS will have access to.
Update Your Target CICS Startup JCL and System Initialization Table (SIT) and Recycle CICS
- In your CICS startup deck, include the library HTAC.V100.LIBRARY in your DFHRPL concatenation.
- In your CICS startup deck, include a DD statement as follows: //HBPARMS DD DSN=HTAC.V100.PARMLIB,DISP=SHR; this PARMLIB will provide HTAC with access to your license key and initiallization member..
- In your CICS startup deck, include a DD statement as follows: //HBSTART DD SYSOUT=*; this will allow for the display of HTAC trace entries if required.
- In your SIT, ensure that you are running CICS monitoring. Sample entries are:
- MCT=xx (where xx is the suffix for the assembled monitoring control table)
- In your SIT, ensure that you are pointing to a PLT initialization module that contains a reference to module HBOPINIT (PLTPI=xx)..
- Recycle your target CICS.
Execute the Transaction Analytics Connector Installation Verification Procedure (IVP)
To execute the Installation Verification Procedure, follow the instructions here.
You have now successfully completed the installation of HTAC.